201. Are you doing anything special the week-end?
202. What is the synonym of ‘incredible’?
সমাধানঃ ক. Unbelievable
203. What is the antonym of ‘famous’?
সমাধানঃ খ. Obscure
204. plebiscite is a term related to
সমাধানঃ ঘ. Politics
205. People always remember patrots-Which of the following is the best passive form of the above sentence?
ক. The patriots will always be remembered by people
খ. The patriots are always being remembered
গ. People are always remembered by the patriots
ঘ. The patriots are always remembered by the people
সমাধানঃ ঘ. The patriots are always remembered by the people
206. Who wrote ‘Beauty is truth, truth is beauty’?
সমাধানঃ গ. Keats
207. Which of the following ages in literary history is the latest?
ক. The Augustan Age
খ. The Victorian Age
গ. The Georgian Age
ঘ. The Restoriation Age
সমাধানঃ গ. The Georgian Age
207. Many islands make up-
ক. an isles
খ. an archipelago
গ. a peninsula
সমাধানঃ খ. an archipelago
208. A speech full of too many words is-
ক.A big speech
গ.An unimportnt speach
ঘ.A verbose speech
সমাধানঃ A verbose speech
209. To meet trouble half way means-
ক.To be puzzled
খ.To get nervious
গ.To be disappointed
ঘ.To bear up
সমাধানঃ To be puzzled
210. ‘Paradise lost’ attempted to
ক. Justify the ways of man to God
খ. Justify the ways of God to man
গ. Show that the satan and God have equal power
ঘ. Explain why good and evil are necessary.
সমাধানঃ Justify the ways of God to man
211. What is the meaning of the idiom ‘a round doezn’?
ক. A full dozen
খ. A little less than a dozen
গ. A little more than a dozen
ঘ. Round about a dozen
সমাধানঃ A full dozen
212. What is the meaning of ‘soft soap’?
ক. Flattry for softmotives
খ. To speak ill of others
গ. To speak high of others
ঘ. To recognise other’s good deeds
সমাধানঃ Flattry for softmotives
213. You should show good manners in the company of young ladies-Which is the appropriate phrase for the underlined expression above?
ক. Behave gently
খ. Practice manners
গ. Behave yourself
ঘ. Do not talk rudely
সমাধানঃ Behave gently
214. The invention of computer has turned over a new leaf in the history of modern technology- which of the following is nearly the same in meaning to the italicized idiom above?
ক. Created a new history
খ. Began a new civilization
গ. Opened a new chapter
ঘ. Created a new sensation
সমাধানঃ Opened a new chapter
215. Trying unitedly we were able to have our project approved against strong oppositions which of the following says nearly the same as against above?
ক. In the wake of
খ. In the guise of
গ. In the plea of
ঘ. In the teeth of
সমাধানঃ In the teeth of
216. Not many people can commit such a heinous crime in cold blood.what does the italicized idiom above mean?
ক. In cool brain and calculeted thought
খ. So patiently and thoughtfully
গ. So impatiently and thoughtlessly
ঘ. Stirred by sudden emotion
সমাধানঃ In cool brain and calculeted thought
217. The condition of the most slum dwellers is so miserable that it cannot be described in words. Which is the best phrase of the underlined expression above?
ক. Beggars description
খ. Cuts to the Quick
গ. Boils down to this
ঘ. Keeps open house
সমাধানঃ Beggars description
218. People who assume that no evil can befall them are foolishly-
219. One who undully forwards in rendering services for others is not generally licked in society- Which of the following words represents truly the character of the person mentioned above?
220. What kind of man is quite the opposite type of “supercilious”?